Information Security Awareness
This course introduces the personnel of the public adminstration to the the overall topic of information security and cyber threats. It starts by raising awareness to the value of government information and the potential threats that might arise from individuals, organizations and foreign states. It introduces the participants to potential cyber attacks and various motives behind them. Furthermore, the course elaborates in detail on the different levels of security, potential threats and ways to protect government data from unauthorized access. The course offers to practical sessions for ethical hacking to make the cyber threats more tangible and visible to the participants.
- All computer users in public administrations
- Users of critical systems are prioritized
- What is Information Security?
- Why Information Security?
- The Value of Government Data
- Classification Standards of Government Information
- Cyber Threats
- Viruses and Malware
- Individual vs. Organized Cyber Crimes
- Cyber Attacks
- Ethical Hacking Session I
- Security Levels and Protection Techniques
- Personal and Physical Security
- File Security
- Network Security
- Web Security
- email Security
- Password Security
- Laptop Security
- External hard disks and USB sticks
- Smartphone and Wireless Security
- Encryption Standards
- Digital Signatures
- Ethical Hacking Session II
- Raise awareness of participants to existing cyber threats
- Understand the diffenrence between different types of cyber attacks and the damages they could produce
- Understand the sensitivity of government information and motives for unauthorized access
- Learn practicle techniques to close security gaps in everyday work
Your message has been received.